Saturday 3 September 2011

Kaka: "Mourinho has faith in me"




Kaka only needed four minutes to score what could well be Real Madrid's most beautiful strike of their six in the match against Zaragoza. The midfielder talked shop with Realmadrid.com and RealmadridTV, discussing Jose Mourinho and his hopes for the present campaign.
How do you feel after scoring a goal against Zaragoza?
I feel very well. I’m happy to start the league like that. It’s good for me because I had a bad start to last season due to the surgery I was subjected to. Starting the present campaign with a victory, a goal and playing time is great.
What did that goal mean to you?
It gives me hope because there was a lot of talk regarding me leaving Real Madrid this summer and it seemed to put an end to all that speculation. The goal encourages me to have a good season and to help the club have one too.
All your teammates celebrated the strike with you…
Our unity is obvious in every game and with every goal celebration. My strike was the fifth that night and we all celebrated together. Things like that make us stronger as a group.
You scored and served an assist in few minutes on the pitch. Does performing like that boost your morale?
Giving such a performance does build your confidence. To have such confidence from the first match of the league is important in order to have continuity, to play more minutes and to gradually reach optimum form.
All your teammates said you have to be an important player on the team.
My teammates help me a lot. They did so when things were tough for me and they’re happy now that things are working out. That’s how I feel and it explains what they all said after the match. It motivates me even more to know my teammates love me.
Mourinho said he likes knowing he’s got a player like you by his side. That must mean a lot coming from him…
It does. He’s always had faith in me. He could have said he didn’t want me anymore, that the club should look for another team for me. He believes I can help the team considerably. The rest of the coaching staff does too. Rui Faria, Karanka, Morais, Louro and the rest of his staff help me and give me strength to keep improving.
Do you feel you have the coach’s confidence?
I do. Mourinho believes I can improve and help the team. It’s good to know he’s aware that I’m by his side. I’m going to fight to continue to be there, but also to be a starter.
How do you see the team?
I think it’s doing great. We prepared well this summer and that’s what really counts. We played very well against Barcelona in both games and our first league game proved we prepared well for the season. This is crucial in order for a team to be successful in a long season in which so much is at stake.
What do you feel Real Madrid can achieve this year?
We all feel something important will happen. We believe we’ll win something that will make fans, players and all those who love Real Madrid very happy.
What do you expect on a personal level?
I hope to enjoy football and to find personal success at Real Madrid. The fans and I want to see the best Kaka in action. That’s what I wish for this season.
Do you picture Cibeles after having a great season both on a personal and collective level?
All those who play for Real Madrid dream of that. We were there last season to celebrate the Copa del Rey title. I hope to return this year to celebrate a more important and historical victory.
Mourinho and Casillas say there are no untouchable players on the team and that no one on the squad should believe they are…
That’s good for the team because positive competition makes players improve. There are more or less two players for every position and those who are currently on the bench should know they could be starters too. This motivates the team and allows it to grow.
What would you say to the fans?
I would like to thank them for the support and strength they give me on the streets. They always say they want to see the best Kaka in action. Many asked me to stay this summer, they didn’t want me to leave Real Madrid. I also wish to tell them I will do my best to be successful on this team. I’m sure I will be.

No comments:

Post a Comment