Wednesday 9 November 2011

Kaka: "I was sure I would perform at a high level again"



Kaka is returning to his best form this season, proven by his excellent performances in Real Madrid's latest games. Only an injury on his soleus muscle has prevented his return to the Brazilian national team. The player is nevertheless satisfied with how things have turned out for him.
"I had disheartening days because I trained and worked hard but still didn't know what was wrong with me. I was nevertheless sure I would perform at a high level again and I want to be a star player. I don't know if I'll be the player I was at Milan, but I want to be an important footballer and help my team. That's my motivation."

"There were times I seemed to be a robot by moving mechanically around the pitch. I wasn't happy and I felt pain after doing stretching exercises. I didn't know what would happen to me, but I never thought about stopping. I cried many times alone and with my family."

"I'm now performing well. I spoke to the coach and he said he wanted me here. Then, President Perez explained they had no need to sell and said I should be patient and remain calm. I was relaxed after coming out of that meeting. It is a chellenge to remain here and it motivates me."
"Choosing the best player in the world is relative because it depends on what you do collectively, but I'd say Cristiano Ronaldo is the most all-round player in modern football. He scores with both his feet, from headers and from free-kicks."

"Ricardo Carvalho is my best friend at Real Madrid. He's the one I most speak with."

No comments:

Post a Comment